Dr. Krishna S Iyer
Dr. Krishna Iyer is one of India’s most experienced pediatric cardiac surgeons, recognised for his clinical expertise and involvement with cardiac care for children in India and other developing nations.
After his medical training he joined the faculty of cardiac surgery department of AIIMS, New Delhi. Hethen trained in infant cardiac surgery in Australia and then established neonatal cardiac surgery at AIIMS.
Dr. Iyer began the first dedicated pediatric cardiac care program in North India at EHIRC ( now FEHI ) in 1995. Under his guidance, this pediatric cardiac program has become the benchmark for cardiac care for children in India and its South East Asian neighbours. Dr. Iyer has operated on more than 14,000 patients with congenital heart diseases from all parts of India and International patients from over 15 countries. He has performed the first successful rapid two stage arterial switch and double-switch operation in India.
He has more than hundred research publications in national and international journals and travels extensively to cities across India and abroad to deliver lectures.
He has been the Founder President of Asia-Pacific Pediatric Cardiac Society, Society of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgeons and President of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India.
- M.B.B.S. All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi, 1978
- M.S. (Gen. Surgery ) All India Institute of Medical Sciences , 1981
- M.Ch. (CTVS) All India Institute of Medical Sciences , 1984
- Fellowship( Neonatal cardiac surgery) Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne ,1989.
- Fellow and Life member of the Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeons
- Founder member of Paediatric Cardiac Society of India
- Vice President of Paediatric Cardiac Society of India (2003-2005)
- President of Paediatric Cardiac Society of India (2005-2007)
- Founder President, Asia Pacific Paediatric Cardiac Society (2005-2006)
- Permanent Member, Steering Committee for World Congress of Paediatric Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery (2009 onwards)
- Council member, Asian Society of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
- Governing Council member of the World Society of Congenital Heart Surgery.
- International member, American Association of Thoracic Surgery.
- Editor-in-Chief, Indian Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery
- Member, Editorial Board Annals of Paediatric Cardiology
- Member, Speciality Board of National Board of Examinations capture
- Editor in Chief, Indian Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery
- Member, Editorial Board Annals of Pediatric Cardiology
- Member, Editorial Board Pediatric Cardiology
- Organizing Secretary of Combined Meeting of Indian Association of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgeons and Asian Society of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons held in New Delhi 26th Feb 1st Mar, 2010
- Council member Asian Society of Cardio Vascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Governing Council member of World Society of Pediatric & Congenital Heart Surgery
- Invited International member of the American Association of Thoracic Surgeons