Dr. Rahul Chandola
Dr. Rahul Chandola is a renowned cardio thoracic and vascular surgeon in India specializing in Adult CTVS along with heart and lung transplant surgeries.He possesses an overall experience of over 2 decades in cardiac surgeries during which he has been associated with several renowned hospitals across the country such as Global Hospital, Fortis Escorts, Apollo and CARE Hospitals.
He is an expert heart and lung transplant surgeon and has performed over a 100 heart transplant surgeries with successful results in both adult and pediatric patients.He is among the few cardiac surgeons in India with excellent skills in lung transplant surgeries and has performed both living donor and cadaveric donor lung transplants. He is also an expert in double lung transplantation, off pump single transplantation, EVLP and bilateral lung transplant through midline sternotomies.
Dr. Chandola acquired his knowledge and expertise from his trainings which he attained from prestigious cardiac institutions in India, Germany and Canada.Along with his practice, he has also worked as a faculty and lecturer and has trained young surgeons in various cardiothoracic and vascular procedures.
He has immense expertise in the field of CTVS and Heart and Lung transplant and has been an invitee to several medical conferences and meetings both on the national and international scale.He has presented papers and articles on his research in cardiac diseases along with providing new and better techniques for the treatment of lung and heart transplant patients.
A member of several prestigious associations, Dr. Chandola has numerous publications to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals. He has also contributed chapters in several medical text books for cardiology and cardiac surgery.
- MBBS from the Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, 1997
- MS in General Surgery from the Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, 2000
- MCh in Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery from Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College, Kanpur, 2005.
- Associate Director of CTVS and Heart and Lung Transplant at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket since 2018
- Senior Consultant of Adult Cardiac Surgery and Heart and Lung Transplant at CARE Hospitals, Hi-tech City, Hyderabad
- Senior Consultant of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Chennai
- Junior Consultant of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi from 2007 to 2009
- Junior Consultant of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi from 2006 to 2007
- Lecturer of Cardio Thoracic Surgery at Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun from 2005 to 2006
- Registrar of Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, 2002
- Indian Association of Cardio Vascular Surgery
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Canadian Cardio Vascular Society
- Asian Cardio Vascular Society
- American Association of Thoracic Surgery