Dr. Rajesh Sharma
Dr. Rajesh Sharma completed MS (General Surgery) and MCh (Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery) from AIIMS, New Delhi. He has undergone training in Ventricular Assist Device at Berkeley, USA. He did his fellowship in Paediatric Cardiovascular Surgery from Children’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA and May Ann Knight Hospital for Children, Miami, Florida, USA.
Dr. Sharma has performed more than 20,000 cardiac surgical procedures in his career starting from 1991 constituted by a mix of both adult and congenital heart diseases. His field of interest is the surgical treatment of complex congenital heart diseases.
Dr. Sharma was additional professor at AIIMS, New Delhi with teaching and training responsibilities upto 2001. He was Senior Consultant of Cardiac Surgery at Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore from 2001 to 2007. He has mentored many cardiac surgical trainees who are now practising independently in different parts of India and the subcontinent.
- MBBS – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1982.
- MCh – Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1988.
- Fellowship in Paediatric Cardiovascular Surgery – Harvard Medical School, USA, 1989.
- 2014 – Present Director – Paediatric Cardiac Surgery at Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Jaypee Hospital.
- 2007 – 2014 Director & Head Paediatric Cardiac Surgery at Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre.
- 2001 – 2007 Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgery at Narayana Hrudayalaya.
- 1991 – 2001 Additional Professor at Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- 1989 – 1991 Fellowship in Paeditric Cardiovascular Surgery at Marry Ann Knight Hospital for Children Miami, USA.
- 1989 – 1989 Fellowship in Paediatric Cardiovascular Surgery at Children’s Hospital (affiliated to Harvard Medical School)