Dr. Y Vijayachandra Reddy
Dr. Y Vijayachandra Reddy is an interventional cardiologist with 23+ years of experience.
He has received Best Doctor Award & Outstanding Researcher Award Versatile; Outstanding Researcher Award; Best Doctor Award for Cardiology in 2011; LIMRA Professional Excellence award for Cardiology and 17 Gold medals during MBBS.Dr. Reddy’s work experience includes more than 7000 PCIs, 30000 invasive procedures, 550 PCIs in cardiogenic shock, 700 Cardiac devices, 400 PTMCs and several EVAR and TEVAR procedures.
He has published a plethora of studies and research papers over the years.
He is a member of FACC (Fellow of American College of Cardiology); FICC (Fellow of Indian College of Cardiology); FCSI (Fellow of Cardiological Society of India); FISC (Fellow of Indian Society of Cardiology) and British Commonwealth Scholar.
His expertise lies in pacemaker implantations, pediatric interventions, ICDs, CRTs, endovascular repairs and more.
- DM, 1994, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- MD, 1991, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
- MBBS, 1988, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
1. LIMRA Professional Excellence Award for Cardiology
2. Best Doctor Award for Cardiology, Chennai
3. Outstanding Researcher Award for contribution to the field of Interventional Vascular Therapeutics
4. 17 Gold medals during MBBS
5. Best outgoing student of MBBS, 1987
6. First rank in Andhra Pradesh state MBBS entrance examination, 1982
2009 – Present Consultant at Apollo Hospital