Gastric Bypass Surgery in Bangalore
After trying all other ways for the weight loss process like eating healthy to maintaining an exercise routine and still, you are battling for shedding those extra kilos then here comes the good news is that there is another good bariatric surgery that is gastric bypass surgery in Bangalore.
However, there are lots of good and experienced bariatric surgeries in Bangalore available but not all surgeries are helpful for you to get the desired results for weight loss. Although there are a bunch of weight-loss programs and crash diets available for you. But if it doesn’t work for those who have some underlying issues of obesity and getting rid of a stubborn kilo is still a daunting task for you.
Being overweight is a serious medical problem and it should not be taken for granted which ultimately hampers leading a healthy life. Explore your best option at experchikitsa.com for the cost of gastric surgery in Bangalore and what are the best doctors in Bangalore. Browse now!
What is the Cost of Gastric Bypass Surgery in Bangalore?
The estimated average cost of gastric bypass surgery in India is about INR 438230 to INR 511268. Though, the charges may vary depending upon the hospitals in different cities in India chosen. Gastric Bypass Surgery Costs in India are reasonable and of exceptional quality. For the last few years, India has developed into a good destination for many bariatric surgeries and gastric bypasses for overseas people.
Average Cost (INR)
Cost Range (Min-Max) INR
100000 – 800000
90000 – 350000
50000 – 700000
315000 – 365000
100000 – 1300000
100000 – 800000
111102 – 1700000
100000 – 400000
The fees structure may vary based on certain aspects of the surgery that are included as follow:
- The type of surgery selected is Laparoscopic or open surgery
- Patient medical conditions
- Lab tests or examination and diagnosis
- Patient age
- Drugs and medication
- Choice of doctor and hospital
- Expenses for the medical team
- Post-surgical complications and follow-up that are involved
- Miscellaneous expenses.
There are various health insures nowadays that provide an option for you to add this benefit to your health insurance policy. Before buying any health insurance for bariatric surgery always do some research.
Gastric Bypass Insurance in Bangalore: For this surgery, the insurance is covered, and the insurance cost includes the hospital type and the surgery which you have chosen for. The patient is overweight and has co-morbidities by the overweight condition and hindrance in the day-to-day activity. This surgery is only claimed if it is a medical necessity not for cosmetic purposes.
Gastric Bypass Payment Modes in Bangalore: – The various mode of payment available in the best hospitals in Bangalore are UPI, debit card, credit card, insurance, cheque, online bank transfer, and cash.
Gastric Bypass EMI Options in Bangalore: A Patient can avail of gastric bypass surgery EMI, No Cost EMI Available and a Personal loan also in Bangalore.
What is Gastric Bypass Surgery?
Gastric bypass surgery (GBS) is the most common form of bariatric surgery and it is referred from another name also that is Roux-en-Y gastric bypass or Roux-en-Y gastro jejunal bypass. Gastric bypass surgery is a surgical bypass surgical process in which the stomach is separated into two parts that are a smaller upper pouch and a larger lower pouch.
Whereas the small intestine is repositioned and joined with the pouches. This small sac-like stomach bag is also named as stomach pouch or gastric pouch.
When we eat the food then it bypasses most of the stomach, along with the upper part of the small intestine, resulting in the body absorbing fewer calories and nutrients.
While altering the changes in the gut hormones, contributes to appetite suppression, and in turn, makes us feel fuller and gain lesser weight.
What are the Different Types of Gastric Bypass Surgery?
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: One of the most common gastric bypass surgeries in Bangalore is performed by the best bariatric surgeons in Bangalore. It is done by a small incision in the stomach whereby takes less time in recovery.
Surgeons make a small stomach by stapling the stomach and making a pouch-like structure then it joins a Y-shaped part of the small intestine to the pouch.
It makes a bypass for food, and it skips the part of your digestive system. Consequently, we absorb fewer calories and nutrients from food.
Extensive gastric bypass (biliopancreatic diversion): This is a more complex type of gastric bypass surgery. In this, the surgeon removes the lower portion of the stomach.
After that connected by the small pouch that remains attached directly to the lower part of the small intestine, completely bypassing the first two parts and making us feel fuller while less absorption of nutrients. But this surgery is not commonly used as it is complicated
What is the Eligibility for Gastric Bypass Surgery?
- A patient must be between 18 to 60 years of age and traditional weight loss approaches have not proven effective like exercise and lifestyle changes.
- If you may have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of over 40, or a Body Mass Index (BMI) between 35 and 40.
- If you may have obesity-related serious medical problems, such as diabetes, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, heart disease, bone, and joint issues, or sleep apnea.
- If you are becoming obese even after limiting your diet.
What Preparation is Required for Gastric Bypass Surgery?
If the surgery date has been scheduled then most expected is to have the tests were done that are recommended by surgeons, to make sure that gastric bypass surgery is right for you. It may depend upon your recovery process the hospital stay is typically 1 to 2 days but may last longer if any complication arises. Gastric Bypass Surgery can be performed by an experienced Bariatric Surgeon and General Surgeon
- The surgeons will advise on the changes needed in the medicines you are taking and a calorie-controlled diet so that the size of the liver is reduced so that the surgery is easy and safe.
- Preparation is required in the exercise routine prior to surgery.
What Can you Expect During Gastric Bypass Surgery?
A patient is given anesthesia before surgery and some surgeries are being done by traditional large (open) cuts in your stomach. Though, most are performed laparoscopically via a small incision through which a surgical instrument is inserted.
- The staples are used to make a small pouch in the upper portion of the stomach and resulting in small size pouch which can hold only about a small portion of food. Then the surgeon does an incision in the small intestine and stitches part straight on the pouch.
- Food then bypasses most of your stomach and the first portion of your small intestine, while it directly enters the middle portion of your small intestine.
- The gastric bypass surgery takes normally 2-4 hours to complete.
- After the surgery, the patient is shifted to recovery and is kept under constant monitoring and observation for any complications that arise from surgery.
What you can Expect After Gastric Bypass Surgery?
- The patent will be able to return to normal activities 4 to 6 weeks later and may take one month or more for complete recovery.
- After that doctor advises you about lifestyle changes and to relieve you from surgical pain, they prescribe pain-relieving medicines and do not do any strenuous exercises. The patient has to follow regular medical checkups to monitor their health in the few months after weight-loss surgery.
- For the 1-3 days patient is on the liquid diet then gradually shifted to pureed form and then solid foods. In the first month, small amounts of soft food and liquid are allowed. But after that, solid food is allowed to eat in a small quantity you become fuller.
- Within the first two years, you can lose 1/2 to 2/3 of your excess body weight. Dietitian may also
recommend that you take dietary supplements so that malabsorption of nutrients doesn’t occur after
What is the Disadvantage and Advantages of Gastric Bypass Surgery?
- Lower risk of ulcer formation
- Dumping syndrome where occurs when the solid portion of the undigested food gets “dumped” straight from the stomach into the small intestine.
- Hernia may occur
- Obstruction in the bowel
- Breathing problems
- Malnutrition from vitamin deficiency after gastric bypass
- Peritonitis may occur
- Stomal stenosis
- Pouch stretching
- Can get gallstones when there is a weight loss.
- Gastric bypass surgery can help you lose weight about 10 to 20 kg in a month in the first year after surgery. It can provide long-term weight loss resulting in 70%, or even more, of the excess weight you can lose in two years.
- It may improve or resolve conditions of overweight-related problems like heart problems, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, Type 2 diabetes, etc.
- It also improves your ability to do routine daily activities.
What if Gastric Bypass Surgery is Done Wrong in Bangalore?
If a patient’s first gastric bypass surgery is botched up and needs revision surgery again a significant amount of weight is not lost, and the patient is regaining weight again.
Also, Sometimes the patient has to do additional surgeries for getting the desired weight loss, and this revision is called revision gastric bypass surgery. It is a complicated surgery and makes sure it is done by experienced gastric bypass surgeons only.
Gastric Bypass Surgery Summary
Gastric Bypass surgery is a very effective procedure in bariatric surgery to treat overweight people one of the causes of avoiding death worldwide. The goal of surgery is to shed weight by making you satiate more after eating a small portion of food. This task is only achievable when patients commit to changing to healthy lifestyle habits with a balanced diet and good exercise routine.
FAQs about Gastric Bypass Surgery In Bangalore
- Is this Gastric Bypass being major surgery?
Yes, it is major surgery.
- Can a patient get scars from gastric bypass surgery?
Yes, scarring is possible but very small.
- Is it possible for Gastric bypass surgery is a reversible procedure?
Yes, it can be reversed but it is a complex procedure.
- Can a Gastric Bypass Surgery be permanent?
Yes, it is a permanent procedure as it connects the small intestine to the lower and upper portion of the pouch of the stomach.
- Can gastric bypass surgery be safe for patients?
Yes, it is a safe surgery as the doctors will take care in minimizing the post-surgical complications as much as possible.