Dr. Neel Shetty
Dr Neel Shetty completed his MBBS from St John’s Medical College Bangalore in 1997 followed by DNB in Surgery from Manipal Hospital Bangalore. He has been working as a Senior Consultant in the Dept of Surgical Gastroenterology, Minimal Access and Bariatric surgery since 2011. He has 11 years of experience in the management of complex GI surgical cases including advanced Laparoscopic surgery. He has publications in Indexed journals and apart from the academic schedule he has been on the organising committees for numerous local and national level conferences / workshops.
His special interests include Pancreatic diseases, Colorectal cancer and Advanced Laparoscopic surgery.
Dr Neel Shetty has a keen interest in Laparoscopic surgery and has actively participated in the development of “Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS)” since its initiation in Bangalore in 2009. He believes in multidisciplinary team work, personalised patient care, clear communication and maintaining the highest levels of quality and ethics in surgical practice to achieve the best possible outcomes.
2011 till date Senior Consultant in the Dept of Surgical Gastroenterology, Minimal Access and Bariatric surgery in Gleneagles Global Hospital Bangalore
Specialist Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Manipal Hospital Bangalore
Junior resident Department of General Surgery, Manipal Hospital Bangalore
Internship St John’s Medical College, Bangalore, India
- Best poster award ASI, Bangalore Chapter 2008.
- Best paper award in the Indian Chapter of the ICS 2010, Pune, for “Single Incision Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy – Our experience”
- Assisted in the live operative workshop for Biliary tract surgery at the PSG Surgicon, February Coimbatore 2010.
- Member of the organizing committee of the Indian chapter of IHPBA for a Single theme Conference on Pancreas, held in Bangalore in February 2009.
- Participated in the 1st International hands-on course and workshop in Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery( FLIP ), October, 2011, Mahabalipuram, Chennai.
- Video presentation at the 10th Biennial national congress IAGES & workshop in minimal access surgery, Ahmedabad Feb, 2012
- Video presentations at XXII National Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG) Oct -2012, Bengaluru
- Video presentations at XXIII National Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG) Oct -2013, Kolkata
- Organizing Secretary for Comprehensive Laparoscopic GI surgery update, “LapGISurg 2011” Nov 2011, conducted at BGS Global Hospital Bangalore.
- Organizing Secretary for the annual conference and live operative workshop for the Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society of India ( OSSICON), April 2013, Bangalore, India.
- Organizing Secretary for Gastro-Intestinal Oncology Update Feb 2013, conducted at BGS Global Hospital Bangalore.
- Member Organising Committee for “Hernia Update” July 2013, conducted at BGS Global Hospital Bangalore.