Dr. Sanjay Govil
Dr Sanjay Govil is Senior Consultant and Head of Department of HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation at BGS Global Hospitals. He completed his MS from a prestigious medical institution and his FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He trained in liver surgery and transplantation at Kings College Hospital in London, Queen Mary’s Hospital in Hong Kong and Graduate School of Medicine in Tokyo. He became Professor of Surgery at CMC Hospital Vellore in 2003.
Dr Sanjay Govil has a meritorious career spanning nearly 30 years as an accomplished HPB and Liver Transplant surgeon. He has a good blend of academic and clinical experience. He has special interest in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma, hilar cholangiocarcinoma, pancreatic cancers and in living donor liver transplantation.
- First succesful LDLT in Tamil Nadu in 2005
- First succesful LDLT in Karnataka in 2006
- First laparoscopic liver resection in Karnataka in 2007
- First laparoscopic liver resection in a cirrhotic liver in Karnataka in 2008
- First laparoscopic pancreaticoduodenectomy in Karnataka in 2008
- First Ante-situm liver autotransplant in Karnataka in 2012
- First ALPPS procedure in India in 2012