Dr Arun L Naik
Dr. Arun L Naik was trained at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi where he worked for 7 years before moving to his native Bangalore.
He is practicing in the city for last 17 years. He established and started Neurosurgery departments at some of the well-known centers in the city before joining Apollo Hospitals in 2013. He has the credit of starting Neuronavigation procedures for brain and spine diseases in 2001 at Bangalore for the first time in the country. He has a special interest in brain and spine endoscopy, complex spine surgery, stereotactic surgery and pediatric neurosurgery. He has performed some of the very complex neurovascular surgeries like brain aneurysm clipping and Arteriovenous Malformations (AVMs) to his credit. He started spinal navigation guided fusion procedures for difficult spinal cases in the city. He has a vast experience in operating on previously failed spinal problems. Dr. Naik routinely performs Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) procedures for various movement disorders.
Dr Arun L Naik has performed over 10,000 surgeries on brain, spine, and nerves during his long career. He is a DNB teacher and has trained many DNB students. He is highly active in many local, national and international neurosurgical societies and attends regular professional conferences to keep his knowledge of ever-expanding neurosciences up-to-date. He has successfully conducted many neurosurgery conferences and meetings for the benefit of peer group surgeons and practitioners. Dr. Naik has published many articles and papers in various national and international journals.
- MBBS – Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli, (KIMS), 1992
- MS – General Surgery – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1995
- MCh – Neuro Surgery – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 2000
1994 – 2014 Neurosurgeon at AIIMS, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, Bangalore, Hosmat Hospital at Bangalore and BGS Global Hopsitals, Bangalore
- Neurological Society of India
- World Federation of Neurology
- World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies
- Neurological society of India
- Skull Base Surgery Society of India
- Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Indian Society For Stereotactic And Functional Neurosurgery
- Bangalore Neurological Society
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Surgical Society Of Bangalore
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)