Dr. Satish Rudrappa
Dr. Satish Rudrappa is one of those very eminent and distinguished Senior Neuro Surgeon in India. He has done his M.B.B.S from Karnataka Medical College, Hubli in the year 1990. He completed M.Ch (Neurosurgery) at the prestigious National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) in the year 1995 where he was awarded gold medal for “Best Outgoing Student”. Fellowship in Complex Spine Surgery from Detroit Medical Centre, Detroit, Michigan, USA , Thoracoscopic Spine training from Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, USA. Fellow of Microvascular Anastomosis at Henry Ford Hospital, USA.
Dr. Satish Rudrappa was a visiting Prof. of Neurosurgery at Lousiana State University, Shreport, USA, and has extensively worked and taught skull base surgical skills and cadaver dissection techniques. He is now visiting Professor of Neurosurgery at Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan and from 2016 onwards he is the “Education Officer (Neurosurgery)” of AOSpine Asia Pacific and Director of AOSpine Referral Center. At present he is the Director of Institute of Neurosciences, Senior Consultant Neurosurgery & Head – Department of Spine Surgery at SAKRA WORLD HOSPITAL, BANGALORE .
• Has performed more than 6000 brain surgeries & 7500 complex spine surgeries. (Microsurgery), with an overall experience of more than 13500 procedures for Brain and Spine.
• He was the first person in India to perform Image Guided Spine and Brain Surgery.
• He has given more than 200 presentations in various medical forums at National & International levels and has multiple publications in the peer reviewed International Journals.
• He is the Trustee of ‘Sukriya’ an NGO that mainly offers medical help to the bread winners of the economically weaker sections suffering from curable illness. Various patients have availed benefit through this NGO since 2007.
• He was awarded the Silver Jubilee ‘Gold Medal’ for the best outgoing student from NIMHANS University.
• “Lee Foundation Award” from Singapore.
• Kempegowda Award 2011 for Community Service.
• “Paul Harris Fellow” from Rotary International.
• Distinguished Rotarian 2013 for rendering excellent community services
• Awarded as one of the Navarathna of Rotary International Dist. 3190 for community services.
• “Rotary Ratna Award” 2016 in recognition of being an Exemplary representative of his vocation, Living up to the highest ideals of rotary and for selfless service to Rotary International 3190.
- MBBS – Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga, 1990
- MCh – Neuro Surgery – National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), 1995
- Fellow in Spine Surgery – Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan,USA, 1998
- Fellow Microvascular Anaesthomosis – Henry Ford Hospital (USA), 2000
- FRCS – Neurosurgery – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS), Glasgow, 2018