Dr. Srinivasan Paramasivam
Srinivasan Paramasivam, MD is a Neurosurgeon fellowship trained in Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery.
Dr. Paramasivam obtained his medical degree from Madurai Medical College, Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University in India graduating with distinctions in Pharmacology, Microbiology and Surgery. He received his postdoctoral training as a resident in Neurosurgery at the Madras Institute of Neurology during that time he received honors for basic science research. Dr. Paramasivam was elected as a member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, United Kingdom in 2006. He also had fellowship training in Endovascular Neurosurgery at St. Luke’s Roosevelt hospital affiliated with Columbia University College of surgeons and physicians from 2010-2012.
Dr. Paramasivam has extensive international exposure and experience. Following his fellowship training as he has worked as Neuroendovascular surgeon at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital for the two years and since October 2014 as Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York. USA. In the past, he has practiced as a general and cerebrovascular neurosurgeon at Sri Ramachandra University in India.
Dr. Paramasivam is a member of numerous medical organizations including Congress of Neurological surgeons, WFTIN, SNIS and SVIN. He has published variety of peer-reviewed scholarly articles in leading journals like, Journal of Neurosurgery, Journal of Neurointerventional surgery, Interventional Neuroradiology, Neurosurgery review, Child’s nervous system, Journal of Neuroradiology. He has authored and co-authored book chapters on various topics. He also serves as principal and co-investigator for multicenter clinical trials.
He is currently working as a Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon and Head of Neuroendovascular surgery at Apollo Hospitals. He continues as Adjunct Assistant Professor at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York. USA.
- MBBS – Madurai Medical College, 2000
- MCh – Neuro Surgery – Madras Medical College, Chennai, 2006
- MRCS (UK) – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSE), U.K, 2006
- Fellowship in Neuro & Vascular Interventional Radiology – Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2012.
- 2006 – 2007 Associate consultant at Neuro Clinic and St. Isabel Hospital, Mylapore.
- 2008 – 2009 Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery. at Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Porur.
- 2009 – 2011 Fellowship in Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery at St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital, Columbia University, New York.
- 2011 – 2016 Assistant Prof. of Neurosurgery and Neuroendovascular surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital, New York. USA.
- 2016 – Present Head of Neuro Endovascular Surgery at Apollo Hospitals.
- Life member of Indian Medical Association
- Life Member Of Neurological Society Of India
- Member of Congress of Neurological surgeons
- Member of Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology
64968 Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 2000