Dr. M. R. C. Naidu
Dr. M. R. C. Naidu is currently associated as consultant with Institute of Neurosciences & Rehabilitation at the Continental Hospitals, Hyderabad.
Performed more than 10, 000 major Brain and Spinal Cord Surgeries with a success rate greater than 90% in a career spanning 20 years with an average of around 500 major cases a year.
Performed a surgical excision of two Arterio-Venous malformations simultaneously in one patient for the first time at NIMS in March 1990.
Successfully performed Neurosurgery of the late King of Saudi Arabia, King Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud’s sister-in-law at Al Hammadi Hospital Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that was publicly appreciated by King Fahd in the royal court of Saudi Arabia.
Operated successfully a very rare case of Five Brain Aneurysms in a single patient in a single sitting at Riyadh, Al Hammadi Hospital. Only one surgery was done at Japan prior to this as reported in World literature.
Organized first National Symposium on Cerebral Palsy in India at NIMS in collaboration with UNICEF in 1990.
Started and helped establish Neuro-Radiology conferences every month to high academic standards.
Upgraded and improved Neurosurgical departments and Neurosurgical training programs at Gandhi Hospital and Osmania Hospital by streamlining management, teaching schedules for the post-graduates and acquired the latest neurosurgical equipment to bring it on par with the best medical institutes in India.
Established and improved Neurosurgical competency at Gandhi Hospital and Osmania Hospital for the more difficult neurosurgical cases like Aneurysms and Arterio-Venous Malformations which were earlier only being done in a select few centers in the country.
- MBBS – National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), 1977
- DNB – General Surgery – DNB board, New Delhi, 1979
- MCh – Neuro Surgery – National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), 1984
- Fellowship in Neurological Surgery – Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University of Chicago, 1988
- 2010 – Present Visiting Consultant Neurosurgeon at Apollo Hospital
- 2010 – Present Consultant Neurosurgeon at Mediciti Hospital
- 2000 – 2010 Professor & Head at Osmania Medical College/Hospital
- 1996 – 2000 Professor & Head at Gandhi Medical College
- 1991 – 1996 Consultant Neurosurgeon at Al Hammadi Hospital
- 1986 – 1991 Assistant Professor at NIMS
- 1984 – 1986 Assistant Professor at Nizam Institute Of Orthopedics & Specialities
- 1981 – 1984 Senior Resident at Nimhans
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons, USA
- Neurological Society of India
- Spinal Surgeons Association of India
- AP Neuroscientists Association
9533 Andhra Pradesh Medical Council, 1977