Dr. Ashok Hande
Dr Ashok Hande has been practising neurosurgery for the past 25 years. A doctor has a special interest in surgery for brain stroke and neurorehabilitation. Having worked with reputed hospitals in Mumbai like K.E.M. Hospital, Jaslok Hospital and Lilavati Hospital in the past, he currently working as a senior consultant with Fortis Hospital (Vashi & Mulund), Sahyadri Hospital and Ruby Hall Clinic (Pune). At Fortis Hospital in Vashi, he is a part of the well-established stroke unit. With a vast body of experience and success in the field of neurosurgery, he has also been credited for pioneering neurosurgery in Navi Mumbai.
He began his career after graduating from Seth G. S. Medical College and K.E.M.Hospital, Mumbai in 1983 and then went on to complete M.S. (General Surgery) and M.Ch. (Neurosurgery) in 1990 from Bombay University. He has attained multiple fellowships abroad and also taken part in extensive research work. There are many publications to his credit along with teaching experience of over 26 years to undergraduate and postgraduate students. At present, he teaching postgraduate students in neurosurgery at Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre. He also the Medical Director at Kumgang Healthcare, an innovative medical tourism initiative.
He often called to various places including places in the interiors of Maharashtra like Pune, Nasik, Dhule, and Kolhapur for performing these complex surgeries. After formal Training in Radiosurgery at Boston, USA, he is a part of X-knife Radiosurgery at Jaslok Hospital, Bombay.
- MBBS – King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 1983
- MS – General Surgery – University Of Bombay, 1987
- MCh – Neuro Surgery – King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, 1992
- 1986 – 1996 Neurosurgeon at KEM hospital
- 1996 – 2001 Consultant at Jaslok Hospital and Research Center
- 2001 – 2002 Consultant at Lilawati Hospital
- 1996 – 2012 Consultant at M.G.M. Hospital
- 2009 – 2012 Consultant at Wokhardt Hospital
- 2012 – Present Consultant at Fortis Hospitals