Dr. Keki Turel
Dr. Keki Turel is a Neurosurgeon in Breach Candy, Mumbai and has an experience of 49 years in this field. Dr. Keki Turel practices at Breach Candy Hospital in Breach Candy, Mumbai and Bombay Hospital & Medical Research Centre in Marine Lines, Mumbai. He completed MBBS from University Of Bombay in 1969,MS – Neuro Surgery from University Of Bombay in 1975 and FICS from nternational College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA in 1983.
- MBBS – University Of Bombay, 1969
- MS – Neuro Surgery – University Of Bombay, 1975
- FICS – nternational College of Surgeons, Chicago, USA, 1983
- FAANoS – American Academy Board of Neurological & Orthopaedic Medicine and Surgery, 1991
- FABCNS – The American Board of Neurological and Orthopaedic Surgery, 1991
- FAIS – The Association of Surgeons of India, 1993
- FICG – The Indian College of Gerontology, 1994
- FRCS – Royal College Of Surgeons, 2002
- FACS – The American College of Surgeons, Chicago, U.S.A, 2005
- FIMSA – International Medical Sciences Academy, New Delhi, 2007
- 1970 – 1970 House-Surgeon – General Surgery at St. George’s
- 1970 – 1971 House-Surgeon – Urology at St. George’s
- 1971 – 1971 House-Surgeon – Neurosurgery at Sir J.J
- 1971 – 1971 Registrar – Neurosurgery at Sir J.J
- 1971 – 1972 Registrar – Neurosurgery at K.E.M
- 1972 – 1973 Registrar – Neurosurgery at B.Y.L. Nair
- 1973 – 1975 Registrar – Neurosurgery at Sir J.J
- 1975 – 1976 Clinical Assistant in Neurosurgery at Bombay Hospital
- 1976 – Present Specialised Training in Stereotactic Surgery Workshop Conducted at Institute of Neurology, Madras
- 1979 – Present Workshop on Microneurosurgery conducted by German Neurosurgeons at KEM Hospital, Bombay, March
- 1981 – Present Participated in the First Microvascular Surgery Workshop co-sponsored at Indian Cancer Society and Tata Memorial Hospital under the aegis of Association of Surgeons of India in Bombay, March
Awards and Recognition:
- Commemorative Medal Honoring this year’s
- Awarded the First Prize in “Photography Competition” (in both academic and non-academic categories) held during the 12 th World Congress of Neurosurgery, Sydney, 16-20 th September 2001
- Awarded the First Prize in “Clicon Contest” (in both academic and non-academic categories) held during 50 th Annual Conference of the Neurological Society of India, Mumbai, 15-18 th December, 2001.
- Awarded the First Prize in “Poster Competition” held at the 11 th Annual Neurotrauma Conference in Agra, 20-22 nd August, – 2002
- Awarded the Third Prize in “Poster Competition” held at the 11 th Annual Neurotrauma Conference in Agra, 20-22 August, – 2002
- Awarded “International Scientist of the Year 2002” by International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, U.K.
- Presented “Award for Excellence” in the field of Medicine by St. Xavier’s College to honour its alumni during its Centenary Celebration in Mumbai, 22 nd February 2003 that honoured ten outstanding Xavierites of the century, one in each field.
- Honoured Guest felicitation by CM of Rajasthan at a function organised during the opening of a speciality hospital by Haldirams at Bikaner, Rajasthan, – 2010
- Awantika Dhanvantari Seva Sanman, 2011 Chikitsansar Gaurav Award given in Ujjian – 2011
- Awarded “Mumbai’s Top Doctors” by Inter-Novation Inc 2011 and 2012
- Conferred “Meritorious Service Award for exemplary contribution towards Neurosurgeries on HIV patients since 1988”, by People’s: Health Organisation, India in Mumbai, – 2012
- “The Legendary Service Golden Pin Award” Given in Recognition of the Glory brought to the Zoroastrian Community Worldwide, awarded by the Organisers of ‘Enterprise Dubai’, in Dubai – 2014
- Society Leadership Award 2017, initiated by Society Magazine.