Dr Suresh Sankhla
Dr. Suresh Sankhla is an experienced and accomplished Neurosurgeon practising in Mumbai since past more than 16 years. He currently functions as Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at Global Hospitals, Mumbai. He is a Diplomate of the National Board (DNB) in Neurosurgery and a Fellow of the International College of Surgeons (FICS).
Dr. Sankhla trained in Neurosurgery in Mumbai at Sir JJ Group of Hospitals and Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences. He also trained overseas, serving as Registrar in the Department of Neurosurgery, Richmond Institute of Neurosciences at Beaumont Hospital in the Republic of Ireland (1991-92), and as Senior Registrar in the Department of Neurosurgery at Royal Preston Hospital, UK, from January 1993 to April 1995.
Dr. Suresh Sankhla completed Clinical Fellowships in Skull Base Surgery and Neuro-Oncological Surgery under the guidance of prominent leaders in neurosurgery in the USA before returning to Mumbai 1998. His special interests are Endoscopic and Endoscope-assisted Brain & Spine Surgery, complex Skull Base Surgery and Pediatric Neurosurgery. He has more than 100 publications in peer-reviewed journals to his name, has contributed over 20 chapters to various books and also authored one book himself. He is a leader and an active member of several national & international associations connected with neurosurgery, having held executive posts in several of them, including as President of the Skull Base Surgery Society of India, Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery, and the Bombay Neurosciences Association, among others. He was Founder Editor of the Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences in 2006 and held the post of Executive Editor of the journal until 2012.
- Head of Department, Global Hospitals, Mumbai
- Consultant, Saifee Hospital
- Consultant, Bhatia Hospital
- University of Texas, M.D.Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA, 1997
- Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA, 1996
- Senior Resident, Royal Preston Hospital, Preston, UK, 1995
- Richmond Institute of Neurosciences, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- President, Bombay Neurosciences Association. 2016.
- Vice President, Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- Past President, Skull Base Surgery Society of India. 2013.
- Executive Council Member, Neurological Society of India. 2012-2014; 2015-2017.
- President, Congress of Asian Australsian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery.Mumbai, 2017.
- Founder Editor & Executive Editor, Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences. 2006-2012.
- Treasurer, Indian Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery. 2009-2011; 2012-2014.
- Founder Member & Treasurer, Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology.2012-2014.
- Organising Secretary, 62nd NSI Conference. Mumbai, Dec 2013.
- Organising Secretary, Annual Conference of Skull Base Surgery Society of India.Mumbai, 2012.
- Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons.
- Member, International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- Member, Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons.