Dr Sangeeta Ravat
Dr Sangeeta Ravat is one of the top renowned Neurologists and Epileptologists in India, recognized for her expertise in epilepsy management and surgery. Professor and Head of the Neurology Department at K.E.M. Hospital, Dr. Ravat is the founder of Comprehensive Epilepsy Care Centre.
She was trained in Royal Children Hospital in Melbourne for medical management of epilepsy and pre-surgical evaluation of patients for epilepsy surgery. She has been performing 400 to 500 long term video EEGs and 300 to 400 short term video EEGs per year on five VEEG machines.
Dr. Ravat has written various book chapters and has published several articles in national and international journals. She has won best paper award in 2010 for her article in JAPI. She is often invited as a speaker in many national and international conferences on the subject of epilepsy. Dr. Ravat has also played a role of Principal Investigator in multiple international trials.
Dr Ravat holds the crucial position of Vice president in Mumbai Chapter of Indian Epilepsy Association. She is part of an Executive Committee of IEA and Indian Epilepsy Society. She is a member of Board of Superspecialty subjects in Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and has been a part of task force for International League against Epilepsy ILAE.
Dr. Ravat along with her skilled team has performed maximum number of epilepsy surgeries in the western part of India. Her team has expertise in dealing with epilepsy along with the associated lifestyle co-morbidities. They are in the forefront for high end epilepsy surgeries and electro-corticography guided surgeries in Mumbai.
Dr. Ravat actively participates in organising conferences and workshops. Some of the conferences and workshops organised are as follows-
As Joint Organising Secretary:
– EEG Workshop with International Faculty Dr. Colin Binnie in 2000
– ECON 2001- Annual Conference of Indian Epilepsy Association held at Mumbai
As an Organising Secretary:
– ECON 2007 held at Mumbai 3rd to 4th Oct 2007 at Mumbai
– Paediatric Epilepsy Workshop- Joint Workshop between ILAE and IEA held at Mumbai 2nd Oct 2007 at Mumbai
– EEG Workshop at KEM Hospital in June 2008
– Patients and relatives forum to celebrate completion of 100 Successful Epilepsy Surgeries held at KEM Hospital, Mumbai on 17 January 2009
– Long distance Epilepsy education & Awareness Programme (LEAP) was organized in collaboration of KEM Hospital with EPI trust from USA. Five Faculties from USA and Canada were invited to conduct 2 day long teaching programme for neurologist, pediatrician and epilepsy patients in Mumbai. Live interactive relay was organized in 4 major cities across India
- MD, Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital
- DM, Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital
- MBBS, Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital
2nd in Mumbai University in M.D. (Medicine)
Best paper award in 2010 for her article in JAPI.