Dr. Basavaraj C M
Dr.Basavaraj is a Specialist Joint Replacement Surgeon, based in Bangalore, India (Presently working at BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital). He specializes in Hip and Knee Joint Replacement Surgeries including complex Primary and Revision Joint Replacements. He has over 20 years experience of having worked in various Premier Institutes in India & in U.K and he holds final specialist Orthopaedic degrees from both the countries.
He received British Council Sponsorship for higher training in Orthopaedics at U.K. He spent about 9 years in the UK gaining valuable experience in Joint Replacement Surgery of both Hip and the Knee. He has obtained two advanced fellowships in lower limb arthroplasty, specialising in the fields of Computer aided Joint Replacement and Revision Joint Replacement in the UK.
He has organized conferences on joint replacement surgery, which included live demonstrations. He has done podium presentation at various national and international Orthopaedic meetings. He has been invited as faculty in conferences. He has written scientific articles on lower limb arthroplasty and limb reconstruction. He attends various CME sessions to keep himself updated on recent advances.
Dr Basavaraj routinely practices accelerated rehabilitation (rapid recovery) after both hip and knee replacements which can lead to early functional recovery and improved patient satisfaction.
- Diploma in Orthopaedics – Kasturba Medical College, 1997
- DNB – Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery – St John’s Medical College, Bangalore, 1999
- MRCS (UK) – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS), Glasgow, 2005
- FRCS – Trauma & Orthopedic Surgery – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS), Glasgow, 2009
- Depuy Lower Limb Arthoplasty Fellow (Computer Assisted Joint Replacements, UK) – Leeds & Bradford Teaching Hospitals, U.K, 2010
- Zimmer Lower Limb Arthroplasty Fellow (UK) – Leeds & Bradford Teaching Hospitals, U.K, 2011
- 2011 – 2019 CONSULTANT ORTHOPAEDIC & JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGEON at BGS Global Hospitals
- 2010 – 2011 ZIMMER LOWER LIMB ARTHROPLASTY FELLOW (Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty) at Leeds & Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Bradford, UK
- 2009 – 2010 DEPUY LOWER LIMB ARTHROPLASTY FELLOW (Computer Assisted Joint Replacement) at Leeds & Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Bradford, UK
- 2007 – 2009 Sr-REGISTRAR , Orthopaedics at Harrogate and District General Hospital Yorkshire, UK
- 2004 – 2007 REGISTRAR , Orthopaedics at Stoke Mandeville Hospital & High Wycombe Hospital Buckinghamshire, UK
- 2004 – 2004 SHO (Ortho) at Crosshouse Hospital Kilmarnock, UK
- 2000 – 2003 LECTURER , Department of Orthopaedics at St. John’s Medical College Hospital
- 1997 – 2000 REGISTRAR (Ortho) at St. John’s Medical College Hospital
- 1995 – 1997 Post graduate Orthopaedic Resident at Kasturba Medical College Hospital
- 1994 – 1995 SHO (Tr&Orth) at St. Martha’s Hospital