Dr. Lokesh A. Veerappa
Dr. Lokesh A. Veerappa is reputed name in the field of Orthopaedic Surgery, with over 15 years of experience and over 6000+ Orthopaedic surgical procedures to his credit. He is currently the Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at People Tree Hospitals at Chris, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore. Trained from the prestigious PGI, Chandigarh in India, and with several International Fellowships to his credit, from New York to Germany to Hong Kong he is a seasoned Orthopaedic Surgeon. He has special expertise in Joint Replacement surgery, Shoulder Surgery, Arthroscopy (Key hole Surgery)and Sports injuries. He has the credit of performing the highest number of Acetabular fracture surgeries in South India and one of the few, fellowship trained Shoulder Surgeons in Karnataka. He is highly experienced in performing complicated surgeries like Revision Knee /Hip Replacements, Revision Acetabular and Shoulder Surgeries and Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty. He has published several research papers in international Journals and is often invited all over India to teach young Orthopaedic Surgeons. Being a keen academician and a teacher, many Orthopaedic Surgeons have trained under him till date.
Joint Replacement Surgeon
Awards and Recognitions:
- Received IAS Fellowship Award – 2006
- Conducted over a Dozen Pelvi-Acetabular Workshops all over India
- Published Several papers in International and National Journals
- DNB Teacher and Reviewer
- MBBS – Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, 2000
- MS – Orthopaedics – POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, CHANDIGARH, 2005.
- Fellowship in Shoulder Surgery,(USA) – Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, 2007
- SICOT Fellowship in Traumatology & Joint Replacement – Rhon Klinikum, Germany, 2013
- Fellowship in Trauma (HongKong) – Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong, 2008
- Fellowship in Arthroplasty (Germany) – ASKLEPIOS, LINDENLOHE, Germany, 2015
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Bangalore Orthopaedic Society
- SociÃ©tÃ© Internationale de Chirurgie OrthopÃ©dique et de Traumatologie (SICOT)
- Asian Association for Dynamic Osteosynthesis (AADOS)
- Indian Arthroscopy Society
- 2014 – Present Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Fortis Hospitals, Bannerghatta Road and Nagarabhavi.
- 2013 – Present Director & Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Khushi Orthopaedic Centre
- 2006 – 2014 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at HOSMAT Hospital
- 2005 – 2006 Registrar at Post graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
57381 Karnataka Medical Council, 2000