Dr. Raman Kant Aggarwal
Dr. Raman Kant Aggarwal is Director – is a leading expert in Shoulder & Sports Injury in Northern India. Shoulder, Sports Injuries & Upper Limb Surgery at Fortis Bone & Joint Institute at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, and Fortis Escorts Hospital Delhi. He was Director-Shoulder Services at Medanta Bone & Joint Institute at Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon,(2015-2016, 2009-2013) when he established ‘Shoulder Clinic’ which became popular as a ‘One-Stop-Shop’ for solutions to all shoulder problems. He served at Fortis Memorial Research Institute as Sr. Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon (2013-April, 2015) dealing with joint replacements and sports injuries of all kinds.
Today, he has over 26 years of diverse high-quality experience in handling challenging cases including achieving several firsts like total shoulder replacements, reverse shoulder joint replacements and modified Bristow-Latarjet procedures for dislocated shoulders. He has operated many patients of months old neglected shoulder trauma who had lost all hope and were in despair. He routinely performs arthroscopic (telescopic-keyhole) surgeries for dislocating shoulders (ligament tears), SLAP & rotator cuff (tendon) tears and frozen shoulders in addition to joint preservation and ligament surgeries of Knees, Elbows, and Wrists.
A 1987 graduate from PGIMS, Rohtak, with a post-graduation degree from the Govt. Medical College, Patiala in 1993, Dr. Aggarwal worked extensively across India for 10 years before going abroad for further training. He has traveled extensively across France, South Africa, and the UK to hone his skills, working with world-renowned surgeons.
He first attended Katharinen Hospital in Stuttgart, Germany, where he trained in advanced Orthopedic reconstruction for complex trauma (2003). Subsequently, he moved to the United Kingdom for 5 years for further skills enhancement – beginning with the Wrightington Hospital, the world famous centre for hip & knee replacements (2005-06), and then at the globally renowned Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Hospital, Oswestry, where he completed a two-year Shoulder & Elbow Fellowship (2007-09). Simultaneously, he acquired his M.Sc. (Trauma & Orthopaedics and Health Services) degree from the University of Central Lancashire at Preston.
Dr. Aggarwal continues to be invited to conduct and participate in numerous workshops at reputed institutions and to deliver key lectures at diverse national conferences countrywide. He is the key opinion leader for reputed joint replacement company and conducts fellowship programs for young surgeons.
- MBBS – Government Medical College, M.P, 1988.
- MS – Orthopaedics – Government Medical College, M.P, 1993.
- M.Sc – Trauma and Orthopedics – Government Medical College, M.P, 2007.
- Shoulder Replacement & Shoulder Arthroscopy Fellowship – Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Hospital, Oswestry, UK, 2009.
- Indian Arthroscopic Society.
- Shoulder & Elbow Society of India.
- Indian Orthopedic Association.
- Indian Society for Hip and Knee Surgeons.
- Geneal Medical Council, UK
- 2006 – 2009 Consultant at Fellow, Shoulder & Upper Limb Unit, Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Hospital, Oswestry, UK.
- 2015 – Present Bone & Joint Institute at Medanta The Medicity, Gurgaon
- 2013 – 2015 Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Fortis Memorial Research Institute
- 2016 – Present Director—Shoulder, Sports Injuries & Upper Limb Surgery at Fortis Bone & Joint Institute at Fortis Hospital Gurgaon and Fortis Escorts, Delhi
- 2009 – 2016 Director–Shoulder services, Senior Joint and Arthroscopic Surgeon at Medanta – The Medicity
- 2007 – 2009 Fellow Shoulder Arthroscopic And Replacement Surgery at Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Hospital, Oswestry UK
- 2006 – 2009 Staff Surgeon at Bronglais Gen. Hospital, Aberystwyth, UK
- 2005 – 2006 Registrar Lower Limb Unit at Wrightington Hopsital, UK
- 1995 – 2004 Consultant Ortho Surgeon at City Ortho Hospital
- 1994 – 1995 Senior Registrar at PGIMS
- 1993 – 1994 Senior Registrar at Batra Hospital, Delhi
- 1991 – 1993 Orthopaedic Residency at Govt. Medical College, Patiala
Awards and Recognition:
Key Opinion Leader for Evolutis – 2015
- 4161 Haryana State Medical Council, 2009
- MCI-8241 Medical Council of India (MCI), 1989