Dr. Vikas Gupta
Dr. Vikas Gupta is a renowned Orthopaedician having experiences of 23 years.He specializes in Orthopaedic Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery and Bone Marrow Transplantation.He is acclaimed for performing Wrist Replacement (Ceramic on Ceramic) Surgery for the first time in India.
He is also credited for introducing the process of Percutaneous Fixation (<1 cm incision) and Vascularised Bone Grafting for Nonunion Scaphoid and Kein Bocks Diseases.He holds the record of accomplishing 6000 Complex Hand Upper and Extremity Surgeries so far.He has received worldwide recognition and several awards for his sincere efforts and research work.He was the recipient of Best Paper Award for the article on “Wrist Arthroscopy”, presented at the Conference of North Zone Orthopaedic Association at Srinagar in 2004.
He was also nominated for the prestigious Marquis Who’s Who in Asia 2007 Award for his dedicated service and skill in carrying out Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery.He also received Travelling Fellowship from Delhi Orthopaedic Association and Indian Orthopaedic Association.He has been elected Secretary and Honorary Treasurer of Indian Society of Surgery for Hand ISSH from 2012-2015.
He has made nearly 100 Presentations in National and International Conferences.Dr. Gupta has delivered Lecture “Congenital Anomalies of Hand” at the Annual Conference of Bangladesh Orthopaedic Society.He has been honored with the membership of several prestigious associations like: Delhi Orthopaedic Association (DOA), Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA), Indian Foot Safety (IFS), Orthopaedic Research Society (AIIMS), Association of Spinal Surgeons of India (ASSI), Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Indian Rheumatology Association, Indian Arthroscopy Society, Indian Federation of Sports Medicine, Madhya Pradesh Orthopaedic Association.
- MBBS from AIIMS New Delhi, India
- Master of Surgery (M.S.) in Orthopaedics from AIIMS New Delhi, India
- Hand Surgery fellowship from Mayo Clinic Rochester, USA
- AO Fellowship Freiberg Germany
- Director Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery, Medanta Bone & Joint Institute, Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Associate Director & Senior Consultant of Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery, Medanta Bone & Joint Institute, Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Consultant Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery at Fortis Group of Hospitals, NCR
- Associate Professor at AIIMS
- Best Paper Award “ Wrist arthroscopy” presented at North Zone Indian Orthopedic Association at Srinagar held in 2004
- He has been nominated in the prestigious Marquis Who’s Who in Asia 2007 for his relentless service & excellence in hand & upper extremity surgery
- He is the first surgeon to perform wrist replacement (Ceramic on ceramic) in India
- He has successfully performed over 6000 complex hand upper & extremity surgeries
- He has been secretary & honorary treasurer of Indian Society of surgery for Hand ISSH from 2012 – 2015