Dr. JVS Vidya Sagar
Dr JVS Vidya Sagar is an eminent Orthopaedician, famous for Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine. His expertise lies in arthroscopic and joint replacements surgeries which makes him stand out from the rest. He has been practicing for the last thirty years and is known to be one of the pioneers of arthroscopy in India.
His extraordinary services in arthroplasty and procedures such as primary and revised total hip (THR Ceramic), knee replacement and total elbow replacement surgeries HTKR on cancers of bone, complex trauma, minimally invasive and high flexion knee joints surgery, birth deformities corrections such as CTEV, CDH, radial hemimelia, fibular hemimelia and tibial hemimelia has made him stand out as a star in the field of orthopaedics.
His interest lies in arthroscopy – knee cartilage surgeries, repair of meniscal tears (arthroscopic meniscorrhaphy). He is also an expert in sports medicine – complex arthroscopic ligament reconstructions and arthroscopic repair of shoulder injuries in athletes, and adult reconstructive surgery.
He has performed more than 31,500 arthroscopic surgeries, over 38,600 polio and cerebral palsy surgeries, 14,700 total trauma and spinal trauma surgeries, 13,500 knee and joint replacement surgeries, 4,000 shoulder and other joint surgeries, 27,600 knee joint surgeries and 20,800 ligamentous reconstruction surgeries.
Awards and Honors:
- Awarded the ‘Vyaghreswarudu Gold Medal’ for presenting the best research paper.
- Awarded the Best National Research Paper at the Indian Arthroscopy Society, India.
- 2003 – Honoured with D.Sc (Doctor of Science) award for Research in Arthroscopic Ligament Surgery at Columbo, Srilanka.
- 1992 – Honoured with The Best International Research Paper awards at the International Arthroscopy Congress, Barcelona, Spain.
- Recognised Ph.D guide to Biomedical Sciences & Orthopaedic Sciences at Osmania University, NTR University, apart from other international universities in Ireland and Sri Lanka.