Dr. Sunil Shahane
Dr. Sunil Shahane is an orthopedic surgeon with 23+ years of experience.
He won “John Monk prize for Anatomy” in the MCh examination.
He is a member of Bombay Orthopedic Society, Maharashtra Orthopedic Association, Indian Orthopedic Association, Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons and IMA / AMC.
He has a special interest in primary and revision hip replacements, knee replacements, complex trauma surgery and pelvis and acetabular fracture surgery.
- M.Ch. (Orthopaedics) – University of Liverpool, England, 1994
- M.S. (Orthopaedics) – University of Bombay, India, 1991
- M.B.B.S. – University of Bombay, India, 1986
- Fellowship in Arthritis and Joint Reconstruction surgery with Dr. C. S. Ranawat at Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, USA.
- 23 years’ experience as a practicing Orthopaedic Surgeon
- 4 years of higher surgical training in England from 1992 -1996
- 18 months as lecturer in KEM / Cooper Hospital
- Professor in Orthopaedics at Cooper Hospital
Awards and Achievements
- “John Monk prize for Anatomy” in the M. Ch. (Orthopaedics) examination.
- Distinctions in Surgery and Biochemistry in M.B.B.S. examinations.
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society
- Maharashtra Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons
- IMA / AMC
- Primary and revision hip replacements
- Pelvis and acetabular fracture surgery
- Primary and revision knee replacements
- Complex trauma surgery