Pancreas Transplant Second Opinion
A pancreas transplant is a surgical procedure to place a healthy pancreas from a deceased donor into a person whose pancreas no longer functions properly.
Your pancreas is an organ that lies behind the lower part of your stomach. One of its main functions is to make insulin, a hormone that regulates the absorption of sugar (glucose) into your cells.
Why pancreas transplant Done?
A pancreas transplant can restore normal insulin production and improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes, but it’s not a standard treatment. The side effects of the anti-rejection medications required after a pancreas transplant can often be serious.
Doctors may consider a pancreas transplant for people with any of the following:
- Type 1 diabetes that cannot be controlled with standard treatment
- Frequent insulin reactions
- Consistently poor blood sugar control
- Severe kidney damage
- Type 2 diabetes associated with both low insulin resistance and low insulin production
There are several different types of pancreas transplants, including:
- Pancreas transplant alone
- Combined kidney-pancreas transplant
- Pancreas-after-kidney transplant
- Pancreatic islet cell transplant.
Medial Second Opinion from Expert Pancreas Transplant Specialists helps you in,
- Become a more educated healthcare consumer – By seeking a second opinion, you gain more knowledge of your condition and your options. You are more equipped to make informed decisions that can have long-term consequences.
- Confirm that your diagnosis is appropriate – Have all of the appropriate studies and test been completed and interpreted properly? Are there other diagnoses that should be considered?
- Confirm that the recommended treatment is appropriate – Is the treatment plan correct? Is it providing the desired results? Is the treatment plan complete? Have all of the treatment alternatives been discussed?
- Compare outcomes of the treatments you are offered – By obtaining a second opinion, you help ensure that you have been diagnosed appropriately and that you will receive the most appropriate and optimal treatment plan. A second opinion may recommend treatments that may eliminate the need for unnecessary invasive procedures or surgery.
Ultimately, a second opinion can help you make the best decisions for your health.
Get Expert Cancer Second Opinion
Contact us for,
Second Opinion, Treatment Plan,
Cost Estimate, Tele-Consultation
Email: Contact@ExpertChikitsa.com, Call or WhatsaApp: +91 80955 04033