Dr. Ashok Vaid, the chairman of Medical and Paediatric Oncology at Medanta the Medicity, is said to have performed the first 25 bone marrow transplants in North India. After completing his M.B.B.S and MD from the University of Jammu, J&K, he went on to pursue DM from Dr. MGR Medical University.
Dr. Ashok has authored many research papers, publications and books. Other than this, he is the founder member of Indian Cooperative Oncology Network and Indian Medical Organisation. He has been involved in various seminars, workshops, and conferences across the country.
Also, he has a rich experience working in renowned hospitals across the country such as Artemis Hospital in Gurgaon, BMCHRC in Rajasthan, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi and Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai.
Dr. Vaid specializes in Chemotherapy, Bone Marrow Transplant and Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplant. Without a second thought, Dr. Ashok is among the top oncologist in India. For his excellence, he was honoured with awards like the Chikitsa Shiromani and the 4th highest civilian award, thePadma Shri
|D.M. (Medical Oncology)||Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai||1993|
|M.D. (General Medicine)||Govt. Medical College, Jammu||1989|
|M.B.B.S.||Govt. Medical College, Jammu||1984|
Awards & Memberships:
1. Padma Shri by the Government of India for his contributions to medicine
2. Chikitsa Shiromani Award by the International Study Circle, New Delhi
3. Member of Breast Cancer Foundation of India
4. Member of Indian Association of Clinical Medicine
5. Member of American Society for Medical Oncology
6. Member of European Haematology Association