Dr. Pramod Kumar Julka
He graduated from Maulana Azad Medical College (New Delhi) followed by Fellowship at M D Anderson Hospital, under the World Health Organization. Being passionate about educating the emerging generation of doctors, he served as the Dean of Academics in the famous AIIMS, New Delhi in 1984.
Currently, he works at Max Healthcare and at Max Institute of Cancer Care as the Director of Oncology. Max Institute of Cancer Care is the First Standalone Day-care Chemotherapy Centre in India.
Dr. Julka was the First Indian to perform Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplant following high Dose Chemotherapy in Metastatic Breast Cancer. For this extraordinary feat, his name was listed in the Limca Book of Records.
- MBBS – University of Delhi, 1971
- MD – Radiotherapy – University of Delhi, 1979
- Fellowship in Medical Oncology – National Academy of Medical Sciences, 1980
Awards and Recgonitions:
- Recipient of ‘Padma Shri’ Award (the fourth highest civilian award in the Republic of India) – 2013
- Indian Medical Association (IMA) Best Orator of the Year Award – 2009
- Life Time Achievement Award by Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI) – 2013
- Indian Medical Association (IMA) Award for Clinical Oncology – 2006
- Awarded Dr. G.D. Pandey Oration at Haldwani, Uttarakhand on Breast Cancer – 2006
- IMA Award for Medical Education and Research – 2001
- International Biographical Centre of Cambridge, England’s “Leading Scientist of the World 2005” Award – 2005
- OISCA Foundation Award for outstanding contribution to Cancer Treatment and Research (UN Award) – 2001