Dr. Narendra Kumar
Prof. Dr. Narendra Kumar has done his MD-Radiation Oncology from Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS) Lucknow and joined as Assistant Professor in January 2008.
• Before joining here Dr. Narendra Kumar was working as Professor in the department of Radiation Oncology & Regional Cancer Centre, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India. PGIMER is one of the Internationally recognised, prestigious tertiary care medical Institute for patient’s care, teaching & research.
• Prof. Dr. Narendra Kumar has been awarded with 14 National & International Awards & fellowship. Including International young scientist fellowship by ICMR India for advanced training at Queens Alexandra Hospital Portsmouth, United Kingdom (UK), AROI international fellowship for advanced training at Moors Cancer Center, University of California Sandiago USA.
• Dr Narendra Kumar has published more than 75 research papers in the journal of international repute, 4 book chapters and guided 15 students towards their MD and PhD degree. He is actively involved in International multicentric research projects and outcome of these studies are being established as new regimen in cancer management.
• Dr. Kumar is expertise in delivering state of Art Radiation techniques i.e 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SBRT, SRS & SRT to treat cancer patients. Dr Narendra Kumar have special interest & experience of Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS/SRT) in brain lesions like Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM), Pituitary Adenoma, Meningioma, Acoustic Schwannoma, recurrent Glioma and metastasis and SBRT in prostate cancer.
• Prof. Dr. Narendra Kumar is active member of several National & International scientific societies like Society for Neuro-oncology (SNO) USA, Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO), European society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO) and Cooperative Trials Group for Neuro-Oncology (COGNO) Australia.
• Dr Narendra Kumar has also been awarded with “Times Health Care Pioneer in Northern India” by Times of India News group