Dr Jayanti S Thumsi
Dr. Jayanti S Thumsi is a Consultant Breast Surgeon, Oncology Department, Sparsh Hospitals, Bangalore.
She is one of the very few lady surgeons practising breast oncology.
“Dr. Jayanti. S. Thumsi” is having more than 15 years of experience in the field of breast oncology and has conducted more than 2000 surgeries.
She is a part of comprehensive Breast Oncology department for patients with breast diseases in India. She is also a part of research programme both in basic science and clinical breast oncology. She is an investigator in various clinical trials.
She has conducted more than 175 breast screening camps and awareness programmes for early detection of breast cancer in Bangalore, Karnataka, Kenya, Uganda, Srilanka, Kurdistan. She has educated more than 20,000 women through these camps.
She has been a speaker at many national and international conferences. She herself has organised several oncology conferences. She has done several T.V shows and radio programmes. She has authored many articles in the newspapers and magazines
MBBS – Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Hospital, Mumbai, 1990
Clinical attachment( Breast Oncology) – Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Hospital, Mumbai, 1993
Senior Registrar in Department of General Surgery at JJ Group of Hospitals
Senior Registrar in Department of General Surgery at St John’s Hospital
Clinical Attachment in Department of Breast Oncology at TATA Memorial Hospital
Awards and Recognitions
- Worse event-free and relapse-free survival in financially disadvantaged patients with breast cancer in South India, EBCC – 2014.
- Outcomes in financially disadvantaged patients with breast cancer in south India – 2014 ASCO Annual Meeting – 2014.
- Poor prognostic factors and differences in chemotherapy lead to poorer outcomes in financially disadvantaged patients with breast cancer in South India – International Breast oncology conference Kochi – 2014.
- A Handy Diagnostic Tool for Preventive Therapy based on Prior Estimation of Metastasis – 2014.
- Distinction Grade in Maharashtra State Secondary School Certificate Exam.
- Distinction Grade in Maharashtra State Higher Secondary School Certificate Exam.
- Scored Highest Marks among Girls Who Secured MBBS Seat in Mumbai.
- Ramabai Bapat Scholarship for scoring highest marks among girls in MBBS
Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
ASSOCIATION OF BREAST SURGEONS OF INDIA