Dr. Sandeep Nayak
Dr. Sandeep Nayak is one of the leading Surgical Oncologist (Cancer Surgeon) of India and Head of Surgical Oncology at Fortis Hospital, Bangalore. He is one of the Pioneers of Laparoscopic & Robotic Cancer Treatment (Surgery).
He has widely traveled and has worked in many centers of repute in India and Abroad. He is a member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, U.K and has many other professional associations. He has many scientific publications to his credit. He has also been bestowed with many accolades during his career in the field of Oncology. He has demonstrated at many conferences and trained many surgeons in laparoscopic surgeries across India and abroad. He is one of the well respected and loved teaching faculties at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore. He is widely experienced in all types of Cancer Surgeries.
He has performed, demonstrated and trained many students in minimally invasive cancer surgery (laparoscopic and robotic surgery) in gynecological oncology, uro-oncology, head and neck oncology, thoracic surgery and general surgical oncology. His special interests include esophageal cancer, rectal cancer, oral cancer, thyroid, etc. He is one of the very few in India to perform endoscopic thyroid surgery.
Research has proved that ‘cancers have better outcome when surgery is performed by surgical oncologists.’ Robotic and Laparoscopic surgery have long-term outcomes similar to open surgery with much less complications for the patients.
- MBBS – Kasturba Medical College, 1998
- DNB – General Surgery – DNB board, New Delhi, 2005
- DNB – Surgical Oncology – DNB board, New Delhi, 2011
- MRCS (UK) – Edinburgh, U.K, 2010
- MNAMS – General Surgery – National Board Of Examination, 2010
- Fellowship in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgical Oncology – Galaxy Care, 2010
Detroit Fellowship Award (NATCON) – 2012
Young Surgeon Video Award at NATCON IASO – 2015
Demonstrated Scarless Thyrodectomy at Cancer Summit Hyderabad – 2015
Demonstrated Laparoscopic Rectal Cancer Surgery and Endometrial Cancer Surgery at Hyderabad – 2014
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Bangalore Oncology Group
- Association of Medical Consultants
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
- Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India – AGOI
- Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology (FHNO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)