Bariatric Surgery Surgery in Turkey
Bariatric surgery refers to a surgical procedure that leads to successful long term weight loss. Bariatric surgery is done through tiny keyholes on the tummy requiring 2 to 3 days of hospital stay. It is the best choice when all other attempts like dieting, exercise, gym, aerobics fail to help you to lose weight.
Bariatric surgery may be restrictive, malabsorbent and a combination of the two. The gastric band and the gastrectomy sleeve are common restrictive procedures. The gastric bypass and the mini gastric bypass incorporate restriction and malabsorption.
Bariatric Surgery helps to remove weight by:
Restricting the amount of food your stomach holds
Limiting your body’s absorption of calories and nutrients
Changing your gut hormones, which makes you stay fuller longer, will lead to the reduction of appetite and the reversal of metabolic syndrome caused by obesity.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery:
- Lasting, long term results. The data show that up to 20 years after surgery, most patients maintain more than 50 percent of their excess weight loss.
- Excellent resolution of obesity-related health problems
- Maintains blood pressure
- Improves erectile dysfunction
- Decreases the risk of heart conditions
- Improves blood pressure, joint pain, diabetes, etc
- The possibility of long-term weight loss for those with obesity
- Relatively rapid recovery
- Smaller chance of wound infections and hernias after surgery
- Improved quality of life after surgery in many cases
Bariatric Surgery Details:
|Bariatric Surgery:||Gastric Sleeve|
|Operation Goal:||To reduce the size of the stomach|
|Operation Time:||Around 2 hours|
|Type of Anesthesia:||General|
|Side Effects:||Some side effects may include but not limited to pain, bruising and swelling around your wounds, nausea, inability to eat certain foods|
|Risk:||Blockage or leakage, Blood clots, Vitamin and Iron Deficiency|
|Recovery Time:||4 weeks or less|
|Scarring:||Depending on the technique, minimal to none|