Memorial Hospitals Group
Memorial Hospitals Group was established in February, 2000 with the mission of becoming a world-class brand in Healthcare. Our objective is to make a difference with pioneering practices in the sector with our distinguished staff and satisfaction-oriented service approach. Introducing world-class quality healthcare service to Turkey, Memorial Şişli Hospital is the first JCI (Joint Commission International) accredited hospital in Turkey, and 21st in the world.
Memorial is the home of trust in healthcare with its expert physicians and healthcare staff, patient-oriented service approach, quality policy, state of the art diagnosis and treatment centers, and comfortable facilities.
Pioneering the improvement of healthcare services standards with many first practices in Turkey, Memorial also successfully represents Turkish Healthcare Sector abroad with its international diagnostic and treatment centers. Internationally known departments such as In Vitro Fertilization, Cardiovascular Surgery and Transplantation, Robotic Surgery, Oncology and Genetics make Memorial a reference center in its region. Admitting patients from over 90 countries throughout the World annualy, Memorial is a world-class hospital that bring comfort of being treated in a safe environment to more and more patients each year.
Memorial is always with you with 10 hospitals and 2 medical centers and 1 wellness center that are located throughout Turkey in cities such as İstanbul, Ankara, Kayseri, Antalya and Diyarbakır.
International Patient Center
Memorial Healthcare Group (MHG) serves both domestic and international patients with its network of hospitals and satellite clinics in İstanbul, Ankara, Antalya, Diyarbakır and Kayseri. MHG is a worldwide recognized brand in Organ Transplantation, Cardiovascular Surgery, Cardiology, Oncology and IVF treatments at international standards.
Memorial International Patient Center (MIPC) is side by side with our patients and their families in every step of their treatments. and is proud to be chosen by thousands of patients from over 90 countries each year. Most of our staff and interpreters are native speakers who strive to do their best in order to make the patient experience as smooth as possible.
MIPC provides the following information and services:
- Memorial’s Second Opinion including treatment plan prepared by Memorial Physicians
- Cost estimates for anticipated treatment
- Multilanguage speaking staff and provision of interpreting services
- Medical appointments
- Facilitation of admission, discharge and follow-up processes
- Arrangement of air and ground ambulance services
- Discounted flight rates and additional benefits via our preferred carrier Turkish Airlines
- Airport transfers
- Memorial Guest House services
- Travel and accommodation arrangements
- Other services available upon request
Memorial Hospital – First Practices
Memorial pioneers Turkish Healthcare Sector with its many first practices. We strive to improve and evolve our products and services everyday with a keen focus on quality. So far, Memorial has become the first in many fields, below are few examples of our Awards, Certifications and First Practices
- Memorial Şişli Hospital is the first Turkish hospital that has received the international JCI accreditation certificate.
- Our Şişli Hospital was also the first private hospital in Turkey licensed by the Ministry of Health for transplantation (of liver and kidney) and the relevant laboratory services in March 2004.
- The first children’s non-haemocompatible liver transplantation in Turkey was performed in Memorial.
- Prof. Dr. Semra Kahraman, Head of Memorial In Vitro Fertilization Center, had made to the history of Turkish medicine by providing pregnancy by micro-injection method for the first time in Turkey.
- Heart muscle cell generation from the embryonic stem cells was performed for the first time in 2004 in Memorial Hospital.
- Memorial was the first hospital in Turkey to apply methods that require advanced technology and knowledge base such as capsule endoscopy and endostent.
- Memorial Antalya Hospital is the one and only In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Center in Turkey accredited by the American Association of Embryology.
- Memorial Şişli Hospital’s Tissue Typing and Immunology Laboratory is the first private laboratory accredited in Turkey by the ‘European Federation For Immunogenetics (EFI)’.
- Memorial Şişli Hospital’s In Vitro Fertilization Laboratory is the one and only IVF laboratory in Turkey accredited by the TÜRKAK Accreditation Institute as per the ISO 15189 standards.